Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More on Chuck's Farm














Rich certainly captured the spirit of Chuck's farm in the previous post, I don't have much more to add other than some photos. I was able to visit recently for the first time and was greatly impressed by Chuck's ingenuity. He is very comfortable coming up with engineering solutions that are aesthetically pleasing, and this is evident all over the farm. It is also evident in Chuck's glass sculptures.



Whether it's the smart-looking goat barn, or the guest house that feels a bit like a chic tree house, everything here is recycled or reused with a touch of style. Even the outhouse has stained glass panels.





Of course, it's the animals that steal the show. The goats are already quite a bit larger than when Rich visited. They were a little skittish and I didn't want to chase them around, so I didn't get a lot of pics of them.














They are living in a goat paradise with a nice barn, lush pastures, and plenty of piles of wood and things to jump up on. They seem very content and happy here. I also met one of the tortoises, but he was gone when I went back to get a pic.
The towering pine forest was impressive, it's not easy for us on the east coast to think about pine tress as a crop to be harvested. It must have been amazing for Chuck to watch these trees mature on the farm during his lifetime.









1 comment:

  1. I so want to go back there! It was AMAZING. I wonder if I could go back for a quick trip...

    ReplyDelete